INDIAN STATE : KARNATAKA
Situated on a tableland where the Western and Eastern
Ghat ranges converge into the Nilgiri hill complex,
the state of Karnataka is confined roughly within 11.5
degree north and 18.5 degree north latitudes and 74
degree east and 78.5 degree east longitude. The state
is bounded by Maharashtra and Goa states in the north
and northwest; by the Arabian Sea in the west; by Kerala
and Tamilnadu states in the south and by the state of
Andhra Pradesh in the east.
Karnataka has been a pioneer in industry. For several
years, the state has been pursuing progressive industrial
policies to meet the changing needs of the state's economy
and industry. In recent times, Karnataka has emerged
as the knowledge and technology capital of the country.
IT and related industries, bio-technology and strong
research and development institutions have given Karnataka
a global advantage.
||1.92 (lakh sq. km)
|Population (2001 Census)
||In lakhs 528.50
|Percentage of State Population
to All India Population
|Literacy Rate (2001 Census)
||Kannada and English
- Investor friendly Government- Simplified procedures,
Fast Track approvals through Single Window Mechanism,
and escort service from Karnataka Udyog Mitra.
- Salubrious climate, congenial environment, rich
culture, cosmopolitan lifestyle, excellent health
care and education facilities.
- Good connectivity and good logistic Support for
- Good Infrastructure- availability of land, quality
power and water.
- Excellent telecommunication network and optical
fiber connectivity thought the state.
- Good law and order, best industrial relations and
lowest man-days lost.
- Among the Country's top 5 industrialized states.
- Over 500 MNCs and 66 global fortune 500 companies
doing business in the state.
- Presence of leading IT, Biotechnology, Electronics,
Telecommunications and heavy machinery companies.
- Presence of More than 100 world-renowned high-end
research and development organizations in the State.
- Highly skilled manpower base- large number of engineering
colleges and Technical Institutions.
- First State to bring Industries Facilitation Act
to ease the environment for doing business in the
- Among the fastest growing and largest markets in