click on image for zoom
STATE : CHANDIGARH
Chandigarh is a modern city and is
located at 240 kms from Delhi. The famous French architect
Le Corbusier planned this beautiful city. It serves
as the capital of two states-Punjab and Haryana. However,
administratively, the city is not under the jurisdiction
of either state. It is administered by the centre government
and hence classified as a Union Territory. Chandigarh
enjoys the natural advantage of being the capital city
of two states and is home to a fair amount of business
and commercial activity
Chandigarh's own industrial growth together with the
growth in adjacent areas of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal
Pradesh has made the city highly attractive to the banks
and financial institutions and their presence in turn
gives further boost to the industrial growth and investments
in the city. Further, various sectoral policies have
been put in place relating to information technology,
biotechnology and special economic zones among others
with a view to attract investment.
||114 sq km
|Population (2001 Census)
|Literacy Rate (as per 2001 census)
||Punjabi, Hindi and English
- A very well planned and managed city
- Compact, efficient and responsive administration
- Pro- active and vibrant set of policies
- Home to world class institutions
- Competitive and skilled workforce
- Single window advantage
- Excellent social and physical infrastructure
- Good quality of Life
- Pollution-free environment
- Low crime rate
The Chandigarh administration has taken the lead in
providing free and compulsory education to all children
of the age group 6-14 years. The fee upto class VIII
chargeable from students has also been abolished in
all government schools. Also, the system of collection
of funds from the students in the government schools
has been abolished from December 2005 and the requirement
of the government schools will be met from the budget
of the administration.
- Information Technology
- Information Technology enabled Services
- Real Estate
Upcoming initiatives of Chandigarh
Chandigarh Administration is promoting Chandigarh in
several fields for overall infrastructural Development.
The following key initiatives have been taken by the
administration to make Chandigarh an attractive investment
- An Education city is being set up over 100 acres
- A Multimedia cum Film City is being planned with
Multimedia College, Multimedia Park and Centers of
Excellence in Multimedia and Animation.
- A Bio-Tech Park is being established to promote
the biotechnology and bio-informatics industry.
- An entertainment-cum- theme park is being established
to provide modern facilities to tourists and other
- F-3 racing track to promote Motor Sports
- A modern fruit and vegetables processing market
is being set up
- To promote eco-tourism and health tourism, administration
is taking up a number of steps to attract tourists
- Botanical garden in more than 180 acres is being
- A Hardware park in 150 acres is being set up to
give boost to hardware industry
- Two new lakes and a new leisure valley are being
- Financial Services Centre coming up to make Chandigarh
a major financial centre in the country with integrated
facilities and world class infrastructure
- Integrated City Centre coming up in Sector 34
- Elevated roads and multi-storey parking at various
places coming up in order to stream line the traffic
and to make driving on city roads a pleasure.
- Mono rail project is being implemented to cater
to future needs of the city
- Upgradation of Chandigarh Domestic Airport to the
level of an International Airport has started.
|India Resource Center|
|India Yellow Pages|
Yellow Pages for Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkota, Hyderabad, Pune and more Indian cites.
Find supply chain management consultants, freight forwarders, trucking companies in India.
Find Fresh Vegitables, Fruits, Basmati Rice, Meat, Poultry and Seafood producers in India.
|Real Estate in India|
Real Estate directory of India. Find agents, builders and suppliers.
|Gems & Jewellery|
Find jewellery, gems and diamond merchants in India.