About BAJAJ PULSAR 200 DTSi
Bajaj Auto, the pioneer in performance biking has further extended the portfolio with the launch of the new 200 cc 'Pulsar' DTS-i. The latest offering has set new benchmarks in technology, performance, and styling to address the needs of a growing segment of pro-bikers.
The new Pulsar has many firsts to its credit. It comes equipped with an Oil cooler, which helps control engine oil temperatures at sustained high speeds and rpms, thus ensuring more stable engine oil viscosity. The 200cc DTS-i engine generates 18 Ps of raw pulsating power to provide riding excitement to performance hungry bikers. This makes the Pulsar 200 the most sporty and stylish powerhouse on two wheels to pace the Indian roads.
The new digital console is an advanced version of the latest Pulsar family. Apart from the Digital Odometer, Digital Speedo Meter, Digital Fuel Gauge and two Digital Trip Meters, the console on the 200 cc Pulsar DTS-i has indicators for Air filter condition, Engine temperature, Battery voltage and Oil level, all of which contribute to enhancing rider info for trouble-free riding. Another first is the use of split seats for styling and comfort. The split grab rail perfectly compliments the new rear chiseled looks. It is also the first Indian bike to have electric start as the sole means of engine cranking, dispensing with the kick lever.
More about Pulsar 200 DTS-i
The Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTS-i's higher sportier stance with greater chassis rear inclination is supported with some of these technologically advanced features
- A lowered Headlamp/Fairing assembly alongwith a high tail-end, giving it an aggressive, ready to pounce stance.
- An all Stainless Steel silencer with a Aluminium muffler can for genuine sporty looks and long life.
- Large Ø 33 mm Front forks for muscular looks and to take care of the extra suspension and braking loads.
- Large Ø 260 mm front disc for strong and predictable stopping power.
- A unique Auto Switchover feature comes into play incase one of the two Headlamp filaments stops functioning.
- A unique Battery Energy Conserving feature ensures a fixed delay after 3 continuous cranks.
- All new 'Blue tinged' bulbs for the main headlamp and parking lamps. These emit strong 'White' light for a distinctive look.
- Sleek, Twin row, Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) for the tail and brake lamp ensures 'Zero Maintenance'. and a long battery life.
- Backlit, Non-Contact type, Soft-touch Handlebar Switches.
- Self-canceling Indicators that switch off when the turn has been completed and the handlebar comes to a 'straight ahead' position with a pre-set automatic switch off function, even if the turn has not been undertaken.
- Smooth, positive, virtually friction-free gearshift feel with new shifter assembly, an integrated over-shift preventor, and shift forks with rollers mated to a change drum.
- A Low Maintenance Battery with a unique venting valve, drastically reducing electrolyte loss and therefore reducing frequency of routine maintenance.
- Black paint theme carried over to the front fork legs, the rear shock absorbers, and the swing arm, in addition to the engine, for deadly looks.
- High performance exposed 'O' ring Drive chain for running in dusty conditions, providing for clean uncluttered looks and commensurate with the bikes image.