About Skoda Fabia 1.2 Petrol
New Skoda Fabia has got seven engine options, however, India will get maximum three i.e. 1.2L Petrol, 1.4L Petrol and 1.4L Diesel. Among these three too, 1.4L Petrol is very unlikely. 1.2L (1198cc), 3-cylinder, 12V Petrol engine produces 70ps of power and 123Nm of torque. 1.4L (1422cc), 3-cylinder, 12V TDI Diesel engine produces 80ps of power and 195Nm of torque. Though neither of the engine is class-leading in power/performance, they are powerful enough to give you wonderful drive. Diesel engine is 3-cylinder version of Laura's engine and is a little noisy like its bigger sibling. Last but not least, both Petrol and Diesel engines are quite fuel efficient.
The 1198cc Petrol engine generates maximum power of 70bhp at 5400rpm with maximum torque of 108nm at 3000rpm. Skoda India is also planning to launch a Fabia variantt in which they will plonk the 1900cc diesel engine.
The car's foldable rear seats come in very handy, allowing larger items to be loaded with ease. The car's tailgate opens wide but due to the flat load lip loading and unloading can be a challenge. It is not a complex car, and the controls and dials reflect that simplicity. The essential instruments are all adequately represented on the car's fascia.
The controls and displays are all large and easy to operate. The high-mounted stereo's controls are simple to use as well. The car's steering wheel adjusts for both reach and rake. The Fabia provides a very comfortable ride. The car's seats are supportive and comfortable, but larger passengers may not be as comfortable.
Striking Features of Skoda Fabia
- Available boot capacity of 300 when the rear seats of Fabia are folded down, it will increase to 1163 litres.
- Larger legroom for all passengers making it true travelling comfort.
- For a wide and much better view the seats are at high position for driver and the front passenger.
- High end audio-system enabled for external attachments like MP3 and I- Pod.
- The external measurements of Height, Width & Length makes this car the largest in its segment.
- Effective usage of the space in the Front and Rear Seats.
Comfort & Safety
- Side air bags to reduce the risk of injury for the passengers on the front and the rear seats.
- Electronic Control for opening & closing of windows, 06 CD Changer music system, elbow rest at rear and a cup holder will definitely take care of your comfort zone.
- There is a Seat Belt on the rear seat that reduces the risk of forward movement for a child in the event of collision.
- The very base of Skoda Fabia is equipped with ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System), Dual Rate brake booster, ASR (Anti Slip Regulation) and ESP (Electronic Stabilization Program).