|Mangalore Health Information|
|Low - Fat Eating :|
Here are some specific tips on eating a low-fat diet. Remember it's not as hard as it seems. For more on this topic, check out the section on Cholesterol in the HeartPoint Gallery.
- Eat more vegetables, fruit and grains.
- Make a shopping list.
- You don't have to stop eating foods you enjoy that are high in fat, just cut down on the amount of their servings. Use bigger quantities of low-fat foods to accompany them.
--Instead of a steak that covers the whole plate, get a cut that you really like of modest size.
--Flavor your stew with meat in modest amounts, don't overpower it.
--Eat one egg instead of two.
- Eat fatty foods less often. You don't have to quit your favorite foods completely. For example, you don't have to have meat every day.
- Trim the visible fat. Remove all of the skin from poultry.
- Limit organ meats (liver, kidney)
- Use lunch meats sparingly (salami, bologna, sausage)
- Make egg dishes with egg whites rather than egg yolks.
- Drink skim or 1% milk (if you drink milk)
- Watch the cheese (sorry!). Look for low-fat varieties, especially for cooking.
- Don't add fat as you cook. --Instead of Frying Use these techniques :
- --Roasting (on a rack if possible so fat drains away)
- Don't settle for dull. A little imagination can go a long way in keeping foods interesting:
- --Try new spices
- --Get a good low-fat cookbook with a number of recipes and alternatives. Invest a little time in planning some good alternatives.
- --Come back and check out Bonnie's recipes on HeartPoint!
- Cut down on added fats, such as salad dressing and butter. Try and use those which are low in saturated fats, and in moderation!
Avoid Butter , Lard , Palm oil , coconut oil(These contain about 40% saturated fat).
Use Olive oil ,Use a vegetable oil spray to brown or saute food ,Canola, safflower, sunflower, peanut, and corn oil. (These contain about 20% saturated fat)
- Read the labels (follow the links). Unfortunately, you really have to pay attention to some foods that say "Healthy" or "No cholesterol". They may still contain large amounts of fat and saturated fat!
- Make some reasonable substitutions
- Use prudence when dining out
- KEEP ON TRYING ! !
|Health Care Companies in Mumbai|
||Homeocare International Pvt. Ltd|
Homeocare International, a network of world class premium Homeopathic clinics committed to provide advanced Homeopathic Treatment enriched with decades of rich experience, excellence and expertise in treating various diseases using world class techniques, latest advances, sophisticated technology and software for effective treatment of diseases without any side effects.
Serena Spa, a haven of peace & tranquility set against the ambience of natural beauty, for those who wish to relax, restore and rejuvenate, body mind and spirit. A paradise filled with exotic aromas, essential oils, spice and floral fragrances, designed to enhance and optimise the total mind - body experience.